AD Currie joins Kansas State
MANHATTAN, Kan. -- Kansas State introduced John Currie as athletic director on Monday and he promised to get to work right away familiarizing himself with the school.
The 38-year-old Currie received a five-year contract with an annual base salary of $350,000 plus incentives.
He was hired and introduced at a Monday morning news conference by Dr. Kirk Schulz, who will take over as Kansas State president on June 15.
Kansas State is in the unusual position of having two new top leaders, and neither has ties to the school or the area.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE SPORTS HEADLINES
- Longhorns 'shocked, upset' by resignation
- Hoosiers get $40M gift to fix up Assembly Hall
- Irish charming recruits with 'Pots of Gold'
- Wisconsin stuns No. 1 Texas in volleyball semi
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Kansas State Wildcats Purple Coaches Performance Polo