OU reports secondary violations
NORMAN, Okla. -- Oklahoma has reported a handful of minor NCAA rules violations, mostly dealing with what the university describes as inadvertent phone calls or text messages by various coaches.
The Associated Press obtained documents on Friday detailing the secondary violations through an open records request.
The documents indicate head football coach Bob Stoops and assistant football coach Jackie Shipp and assistant women's basketball coach Stacy Hansmeyer made impermissible calls to one prospect each, while head women's basketball coach Sherri Coale inadvertently sent a prospect a text message.
Another football prospect received correspondence from Oklahoma that was mailed before Sept. 1 of the prospect's junior year of high school.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE SPORTS HEADLINES
- Texas AD: Union push 'smells' of attorneys
- Sources: Adidas inks Louisville to $40M deal
- Athletes' union criticizes Northwestern appeal
- NCAA council OKs unlimited meals, snacks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Oklahoma Sooners #10 Crimson Football Game Jersey