Jimmy V Classics to be played same day
NEW YORK -- For the first time, the men's and women's Jimmy V Classics will be played on the same day.
Defending national champion Texas A&M will play at Connecticut in the 10th annual women's classic on Dec. 6.
The events will conclude the fifth annual Jimmy V Week, ESPN's initiative to help raise funds for cancer research. More than $1.2 million was raised last year.
Missouri, Washington and Marquette will make their Jimmy V Classic debut, while Villanova played Texas in 2008.
This will be the first meeting between Texas A&M and Connecticut.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE SPORTS HEADLINES
- UNC inviting athletes back to finish degrees
- Ohio St. fires band director in harassment probe
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Baden Missouri Tigers Two-Toned Full-Sized Basketball