Harris beats buzzer, signs with Vols
Bruce Pearl and the Tennessee Vols hit a buzzer beater and landed a top-10 recruiting class in the process.
Harris, a 6-foot-8, 210-pound power forward, chose Tennessee over Syracuse, Georgia Tech, Louisville and Maryland. The Vols jump to No. 8 in the top 25 class rankings with the addition of Harris to a recruiting class that also includes SG Jordan McRae, who is No. 29 in the ESPNU 100, and SG Trae Golden.
According to ESPN Scouts Inc., Harris is a matchup nightmare. He has the body of a power forward, but the skills of a small forward. He can shoot consistently out to 20 feet, but also can post up smaller defenders easily. He can run the floor, has solid ball skills and can score off the dribble, but also has the ability to create for others. He's a combination of size, talent and skill with a bright future.
"Harris will be a very versatile scorer and excellent rebounder," said Paul Biancardi, Scouts Inc.'s national recruiting director. "With his work ethic and rate of improvement, he may develop in a full-time small forward in the future."
EARLY SIGNING PERIOD 2009
Top 25 | Top classes by conference
- Scouts Inc.: Top 25 class rankings
- Top classes by conference
- Biancardi: What we learned
- Scouts Inc. Best uncommitted players
- LaPlante: Best mid-major classes
- Biancardi: 10 instant impact freshmen
- Biancardi: Grading the ACC's classes
- Rankin: Grading the Big East's classes
- Rankin: Grading the Big 12's classes
- Buzzer beater: Vols net Harris, top-10 class
- UNC lands Bullock, Marshall
- PF Perry Jones signs with Baylor
- No. 2 prospect Sullinger inks with OSU
- Big man Thompson Austin bound
- Barton leads Memphis' class
- Early signing period blog