Hurst decides to play in UA game
Talented O-linemen, powerful RB, big DE and two top athletes join the roster
Several elite prospects are a part of the latest roster additions for the Under Armour All-America game, that has emerged at the premier high school all-star game in the country. The most recent additions include a pair of elite offensive linemen, OT James Hurst (Plainfield, Ind./Plainfield) and OG Kolton Houston (Buford, Ga./Buford), defensive end Dakota Royer (Manheim, Pa./Manheim), a powerful RB in Storm Johnson and a top athletes in Demarcus Milliner (Millbrook, Ala./Stanhope Elmore).
Simply The Best
2010 UA All-American game roster
Hurst is 6-5 and 285 pounds and has good overall strength. He is powerful at the point of attack, strong after anchoring down and refuses to be power rushed. He is considering Ohio State, Notre Dame, Penn State, Alabama and Georgia. He's joined by Houston, a 6-5, 265-pound guard who has the size, speed and athletic ability to play on either side of the ball. He has verbally committed to Georgia, but had many offers and considered Georgia Tech, Tennessee, Clemson, Auburn and FSU before deciding on the Bulldogs.
On the other side of the ball is Royer, who is 6-3, 220 and considering Penn State, Pitt, Michigan State, Notre Dame and Illinois, but has many more offers. He has a good nose for the ball, is physical at the point of attack, runs well and has a great motor. He mixes ability with effort and smarts and should be a good, productive player in college.
Milliner, 6-feet, 185 pounds, is arguably one of the better athletes in the state of Alabama and just a very smooth, natural skill player. He has coveted size and speed on the perimeter. He is a potential lockdown corner with his height and great ball-skills needed to match-up versus today's bigger college receivers. Safety and even reps on offense are possibilities as well during his career. He is considering Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Ole Miss and Stanford.
Adding to an already solid stable of running backs in the UA game, Johnson, 5-11 and 206 pounds, is a load of back with deceptive speed and lateral quickness. He has good feet , great size and for the most part runs with good body lean. He's thick, particularly through his lower body, and has a wide, powerful base. He flashes good burst out of cuts and quickly generates impressive downhill momentum to help him power through arm tackles. He is considering LSU, FSU, Auburn, Tennessee and Oklahoma.
The Under Armour All-America game will played on Jan. 2 and televised live on ESPN. The practices and skills competition will also be shown on the ESPN family of networks.
JC Shurburtt contributed to this story.
2010 Under Armour All-America game
2010 UA All-America game roster
• UA game keeps adding talent
• Top WR White joins UA game
• Joyner, Dyer, Luc, Hicks top early list
• Recruiters chasing after speedy ATH Brown
• Breaking down UA game athletes
• DB Joyner doing his best to blend in
• Breaking down UA game defensive backs
• LB Jones learns about football's mental side
• Breaking down UA Game linebackers
• DE Gholston defined by his work ethic
• Breaking down the UA All-American D-linemen
• Brotherly love leads Hurst to UNC
• Breaking down the UA All-American O-linemen
• Grimble's success a family affair
• Breaking down UA All-America game TEs
• RB Brown can't be slowed down
• Breaking down UA All-America game RBs
• Attitude is everything for WR Dunkley
• Breaking down UA All-America game WRs
• QB Sims follows Tidewater tradition
• Breaking down UA All-America game QBs
2009 UA All-America game index