Erique Florence picks Auburn
Erique Florence just couldn't leave home. Florence, who's No. 52 in the ESPNU 150 and the No. 4 safety in the country, chose the home-state Auburn Tigers over USC on Wednesday.
Florence, from Valley (Ala.) High School, made his announcement at his school. After he said he would play for the Tigers, he took off a jacket to reveal a blue shirt with an Auburn tie.
"It's where my heart has been. It was hard for me to make a decision," he said on ESPNU. "I love Auburn. I love the coaching staff. I love coach Gene Chizik, and big things are happening at Auburn."
The 6-foot-2, 185-pound Florence is a big hitter and one of the more physical safeties in the country.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- NC State's Byrd gets 6th year of eligibility
- Ex-Fiesta Bowl chief gets 8 months in scheme
- A&M, UCLA agree to home-and-home series
- Wife believes Sandusky 'definitely' innocent
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2011 NATIONAL SIGNING DAY
ESPN Recruiting has national signing day covered. From college announcements to class rankings, ESPN's writers, analysts and scouts break down the latest news. Recruiting home
RANKINGS AND GRADES
- New World Graphics Men's Auburn Tigers Navy SEC Champions Tiger Football Long Sleeve T-Shirt