VCU's Grant hasn't been offered Florida job
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida moved quickly to contact Anthony Grant about its coaching vacancy, calling him soon after Billy Donovan left for the NBA.
But Grant still hasn't been offered the job, fueling speculation that the situation might not be resolved as quickly as the Gators had hoped.
Grant, a former Florida assistant under Donovan and the current head coach at Virginia Commonwealth, released a statement Sunday night that created several questions and provided few answers.
MAGIC MAN DISAPPEARS
Billy Donovan's tenure as the Magic coach lasted six days, and he knew he wanted out sooner than that. He becomes one of the highest profile examples of coaches flip-flopping.
• Donovan apologizes to Magic and Florida
• Donovan released from Magic contract
• Donovan waiting to hear from Magic
• Donovan has second thoughts
• Florida contacts Grant
• Magic introduce new coach
• Donovan takes Magic job
• Bilas: Donovan's unprofessional maneuver
• Forde: Donovan, Bryant dine at waffle house
• Hill: Curse of Shaq: Orlando jilted again
• Stein: What now for Orlando?
• Katz: Donovan's tough decision
• Forde: Is Donovan like all the others?
• Schlabach: Grant and the Gators
• Katz: Florida's future
• Schlabach: Donovan's contract
• Andy Katz