College coaching legend Knight resigns from Texas Tech
LUBBOCK, Texas -- Bob Knight left when he wanted to this time.
Almost a decade after he was fired by Indiana, the school he led to three national championships, Knight walked away Monday from college basketball in midseason.
The Texas Tech coach, known as much for his brilliance as his fiery temper, abruptly resigned and handed over the team to his son.
"He's ready," successor and son Pat Knight said during his weekly radio show. "He's tired."
It was a stunning ...
Read full story
SUN SETS ON KNIGHT
News• Knight joins ESPN as analyst for NCAA Tourney
• Baylor beats Tech in Pat Knight's debut
• Red Raiders say coaching transition will be easy
• Knight resigns, hands Texas Tech reins to son
• Katz: Pat Knight now in charge at Texas Tech
Audio• Coach K shares thoughts about Knight
• Former player Alford discusses The General
• Pat Knight ready for first game
Features• What they're saying about resignation
Analysis• Bilas: Hard to argue with his success
• Dinich: Knight could have gone out on own terms
• Keown: Knight kept it interesting
• Forde: No pass for Knight resigning midseason
• Vitale: No big shock that Knight walks away
• McKinnis: Thoughts on Bobby Knight
Multimedia• Bob Knight speaks about resignation
• Outside The Lines: Knight Vision
• Zoom Gallery: A look at Knight's career