UNC stunned as Kansas outplays the Heels
SAN ANTONIO -- North Carolina coach Roy Williams tried his best to blame himself for the startling 18-point loss to Kansas.
He said that maybe the stunning 28-point deficit in the first half and eventual 84-66 loss in the national semifinals were his fault.
Williams said that he "apologized to them [the players] because in some way, somehow I didn't have our team ready to play as well as Bill [Self] did. That's not easy to say."
But is that really true? Why ...
Read full story
NCAA Tournament 2008
Get caught up with all the news, notes, insights and analysis from the 2008 NCAA tournament.
Bracket• Updated Bracket | Tourney Challenge
Championship Analysis• Forde: Chalmers fulfills promise
• Wojciechowski: Self's big-bucks decision on OSU
• Katz: Memphis pays for free throws
• O'Neil: Collins makes heroics possible
• ATR: Quite a collection of talent in title game
Final Four Analysis• Experts: Who has the edge in the title game?
• Forde: Self on a wild ride, and it's just starting
• Wojciechowski: A quieter Joey Dorsey reflects
• Griffin: Rush thrives after knee injury
• O'Neil: CDR, Rose fuel Tigers' machine
• Katz: Calipari has chance for vindication
• Wojciechowski: Final Four duds
• ATR: End of the road for Love, Hansbrough?
• Forde: Good Kansas throttles UNC
• Katz: Williams takes blame for stunning UNC loss
• O'Neil: Rose leads Memphis to title game
• Wojciechowski: Power-packed Final Four
• Forde: One-and-dones hardly an academic issue
• O'Neil: Not Memphis vs. the world? Yeah, right
• Katz: KU ready for Arthur's breakout game
• Low: Don't forget about UNC's "other" guys
• Griffin: UCLA needs Shipp to shoot straight
• Forde: Williams torn between KU and UNC
• Expert picks: Who wins it all?
• Gottlieb: Rose vs. Collison matchup pivotal
• Fraschilla: Breaking down Kansas-UNC
• Glockner: Which Kansas team shows up?
• Griffin: Calipari battles for repsect
• Glockner: Memphis can win slowdown games, too
• Schlabach: Recent Final Four flameouts
• O'Neil: Collison a key point for the Bruins
• Glockner: Can UCLA's offense be more efficient?
• Katz: Lawson's injury may have helped UNC
• Glockner: Can UNC's defense hold up?
• Forde: Power prevails as Elite becomes Four
• Bilas: Tourney has "Wowed" so far
• Katz: Four unique stories shape Final Four
Video• Bill Self among KU coaching greats
• Kansas on being national champions
• Calipari: Costly mistakes down the stretch
• Chris Douglas-Roberts on Memphis' loss
• Bob Knight on Memphis' loss to KU
• Memphis gearing up to face Kansas
• Memphis, KU to meet for title
• Analysis: Kansas' win over North Carolina
• Analysis: Memphis' win over UCLA
• All the coaches talk Final Four
• Davidson's McKillop previews Final Four
• Who Are These Guys: Memphis
• Final Four Sitdown: Roy Williams
• Final Four Sitdown: Bill Self
• Final Four Sitdown: John Calipari
• Final Four Sitdown: Ben Howland
• Katz: Small window for UCLA, Memphis
• Vitale: Previews Final Four matchups
• Bilas: Likes the look of the Final Four
• Gottlieb: All No. 1 seeds reach Final Four
Audio• Bill Self on the title and Oklahoma State
• Podcast: Gottlieb on Kansas' national title
• Podcast: Gottlieb on title game X factors
• Roy Williams on Final Four return
• Podcast: Katz on Final Four coaches
• Bill Self talks Davidson game, Final Four
• Podcast: Gottlieb talks Final Four, Davidson
Photos• Championship game photo gallery
• Final Four photo gallery
• Elite Eight Day 2 photo gallery
• Elite Eight Day 1 photo gallery
• Sweet 16 Day 2 photo gallery
• Sweet 16 Day 1 photo gallery
• Day 4 photo gallery
• Day 3 photo gallery
• Day 2 photo gallery
• Day 1 photo gallery
NC State's 25th anniversary• Dinich: From star to one minute in title game
• Dinich: Kay Yow still fighting Valvano's fight
• Bob Valvano remembers brother's team
More• Rank the last 10 national champions
• Rank Chalmers' 3 vs. other big-time shots
• Vote: Memphis vs. Kansas for the title
• Vote: Which team will win it all?
• Vote: Test your Final Four team knowledge
• Tournament Challenge | Bracket Master
• Insider tourney guide | BracketCaster