Investigation involves assistant coach Dollar
SEATTLE -- The NCAA has scheduled a telephone news conference Thursday to discuss its conclusions in an investigation of Washington men's basketball recruiting violations.
The case involved assistant coach Cameron Dollar, said Dan Lepse, a UW athletics spokesman.
In October, UW athletic director Barbara Hedges suspended Dollar without pay for one month for a series of recruiting violations.
Dollar was banned from off-campus recruiting for the remainder of the 2002-2003 academic school year and had his pay reduced by 20 percent until April 2003 for about two dozen violations that included improper evaluations of prospective recruits, phone calls and face-to-face meetings with prospects and their family members.
The suspension and pay cut cost Dollar $13,334.
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Ejim chosen over Wiggins as Big 12's POY
- Coastal Carolina ends 21-year NCAA drought
- Parker's career-high 30 lead Duke by UNC
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Washington Huskies Purple Full-Zip Game Jacket