BATON ROUGE, La. -- LSU lost its second basketball player in two days when Mildon Ambres left the squad, LSU coach John Brady said.
Ambres, a 6-foot-5 guard/forward, started in LSU's exhibition opener Nov. 6, but did not play in the second half.
Forward Tim Bush also left the team this week and planned to transfer. Brady said he didn't know what Ambres' plans were but that he hasn't yet asked for a release.
"It was the strangest thing," Brady said. "He started in the exhibition game, and then we didn't hear from him for a day. His dad said Mildon felt he was being played out of position.
"If his heart's not in it, maybe it's best he leaves. It's not easy here. Most players leave because they see they aren't going to get much playing time, and there's nothing wrong with that."
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Duke's Parker hasn't decided on NBA draft
- Winthrop upsets High Point with last-second 3
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's LSU Tigers Charcoal Stealth Tri-Blend T-Shirt