Morandais cleared after switching majors
The problem centered on Morandais' change of majors. A grade from a class that was incorrectly recorded last summer has been corrected and the switch has been approved. He now has enough hours of credit toward his major to remain eligible for the spring semester.
CU center David Harrison called Wednesday's news "a big relief. He's a big part of our team."
Colorado has struggled, losing three straight games headed into Thursday night's home game against Savannah State.
"Right now, we've got to win some games," Morandais said. "It's important to keep doing what we've been doing better. We have to get some of our confidence and swagger back."
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president: Pay-for-play isn't coming
- NCAA may work with power 5 conferences
- Wells sparks Maryland past Boston College
- Former Hoya Whittington intends to transfer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Colorado Buffaloes Basketball Black Performance Polo