Diarra can play immediately
MANHATTAN, Kan. -- Kansas State forward Dramane Diarra was declared eligible after being suspended since November while the NCAA investigated his participation on teams in France.
Diarra, a junior college transfer from Cloud County Community College, had practiced with Kansas State but had not played in the Wildcats' first 11 games. He is eligible to play immediately, coach Jim Wooldridge said Monday.
The NCAA declared the French player ineligible Nov. 21 because he had played for a team in France that considers itself professional. Athletic director Tim Weiser said Diarra received only expense money.
Diarra averaged 15.7 points and seven rebounds for Cloud County and had been expected to play a significant role at Kansas State this season.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC inviting athletes back to finish degrees
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Kansas State Wildcats Purple 'K State Ment' Selection Basketball T-Shirt