Bennett to miss game with illness
PULLMAN, Wash. -- Washington State basketball coach Dick Bennett will miss the Cougars' game against No. 9 Arizona on Saturday because of illness.
Bennett, 60, will be replaced for the game by assistant coach Tony Bennett, his son, team spokesman Craig Lawson said.
Lawson did not know the extent of Bennett's illness, but said it was not assumed to be serious.
Bennett came out of retirement this year and has led the Cougars to a 9-9 record, including 3-5 in the Pac-10. It is their best start since the 1996-97 season.
They have lost 36 straight times to Arizona, with their last win in the 1985-86 season.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- No. 7 Duke regroups to escape vs. Clemson
- Iowa State ousts Kansas in Big 12 semifinals
- Syracuse falls to NC State in ACC quarters
- Napier, UConn fend off Cincy to reach final
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Men's Arizona Wildcats Cardinal 'Zona Zoo' Basketball T-Shirt