Fox stole bagel, candy bar from store
TUCSON, Ariz. -- University of Arizona forward Isaiah Fox pleaded guilty Monday to a misdemeanor charge of shoplifting.
Fox must perform 15 hours of community service, pay a $90 fine and take a class in civic responsibility, the Arizona Daily Star reported on its Web site.
Justice of the Peace Jim Green said Fox's charges would be dismissed once Fox completes those requirements.
Green told Fox not to let the incident "color your life any more than it has."
Fox had faced up to six months in jail and a $2,500 fine for admittedly stealing $2.58 worth of snack food including a bagel, two packets of cream cheese and a candy bar from a campus convenience store on Oct. 29.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Butler hangs on to upset UNC in Bahamas
- Alford: UCLA, UK near home-and-home set
- Gophers guard McNeil charged with assault
- Tyndall says Vols can deal with distractions
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Jansport Men's Arizona Wildcats Navy Tournament Basketball T-shirt