Wilkes to transfer after 1 season at Kansas
BERKELEY, Calif. -- Kansas guard Omar Wilkes has decided to transfer to California after one season with the Jayhawks.
Wilkes, the son of former NBA star Jamaal Wilkes, played in 21 games with Kansas last season, averaging 1.4 points and 0.9 rebounds in just 3.5 minutes per game.
Wilkes announced his intention to transfer two months ago, unhappy with playing time and wishing to be closer to his family. He will sit out the upcoming season with the Golden Bears, but will have three years of eligibility remaining in 2005.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UCLA's Anderson, LaVine declare for draft
- Carson, star Sun Devils PG, opts for draft
- Sources: Louisville inks adidas to $40M deal
- AD: Tennessee job still 'extremely attractive'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Kansas Jayhawks Blue On-Court Practice T-Shirt