Wilkes to transfer after 1 season at Kansas
BERKELEY, Calif. -- Kansas guard Omar Wilkes has decided to transfer to California after one season with the Jayhawks.
Wilkes, the son of former NBA star Jamaal Wilkes, played in 21 games with Kansas last season, averaging 1.4 points and 0.9 rebounds in just 3.5 minutes per game.
Wilkes announced his intention to transfer two months ago, unhappy with playing time and wishing to be closer to his family. He will sit out the upcoming season with the Golden Bears, but will have three years of eligibility remaining in 2005.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker shines as Duke picks apart UCLA
- No. 1 Arizona routs Southern to reach 12-0
- Hoosiers get $40M gift to fix up Assembly Hall
- UNC's McDonald reinstated; Hairston still out
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Jordan Men's Cal Golden Bears Blue Replica Performance Basketball Shorts