Crean hoping to lead team this season
MILWAUKEE -- Marquette coach Tom Crean is hoping spine stabilization exercises and physical therapy will allow him to make it through the upcoming season.
Crean, 38, is under the care of orthopedic spine surgeon Dr. Clay Frank, who said Crean recently had an "internal disc disruption" common to men of his age, which usually heals in 4 to 6 months.
"The prognosis for long-term recovery is good and the therapy is not expected to interfere with his abilities to coach," Frank said in a statement Wednesday.
Crean, who is starting his fifth season at Marquette, has been undergoing physical therapy for two weeks.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Gibbs beats buzzer as Seton Hall stuns Nova
- KU edges Okla. St. in OT behind Wiggins' 30
- Baylor holds on to down No. 17 Oklahoma
- Hogs' NCAA hopes take hit with SEC ouster
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Stockdale Marquette Golden Eagles Team Ribbon Magnet