Knee swelling leaves return uncertain
Villanova junior forward Jason Fraser is scheduled to undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee Friday, the school announced Thursday.
Fraser, who already has undergone surgeries on both knees to relieve tendinitis, participated in Villanova's first two practices of the season before experiencing swelling in the knee.
"Once again, we all truly feel for Jason," Villanova head coach Jay Wright said in a release. "We all pray that this is a simple procedure that allows him to get back to 100 percent. Jason has been an inspiration to his teammates with his positive attitude in this difficult situation."
Fraser also missed nine of the Wildcats' first 10 games last season with a stress fracture in his left foot.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Dayton dismisses pair for violation of rules
- Carter, No. 11 Wichita State turn back Alabama
- Johnson (18), No. 3 Arizona clobber Oakland
- Kentucky still unanimous No. 1 in men's poll
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Jansport Men's Villanova Wildcats Navy Tournament Basketball T-shirt