Kellogg was suspended last month
STORRS, Conn. -- Suspended Connecticut point guard Antonio Kellogg was arrested for the second time in two weeks, after a confrontation inside a dormitory over the weekend.
Kellogg, 19, was arrested Saturday night and charged with attempting to assault a police officer, first-degree criminal trespass, and interfering with an officer, campus police said.
Kellogg was seen inside the dormitory after he was banned from the residence by the UConn Department of Residential Life. Someone in the dorm called police, who told Kellogg to leave.
He became "combative, uncooperative, and resisted when officers attempted to take him into custody," police said.
On March 30, Kellogg was charged with possession of less than four ounces of marijuana.
The freshman played about 14 minutes a game this season, backing up Marcus Williams. He appeared in 29 games, averaging just over 3 points and dishing out about 2 assists a game. He was suspended from the team after the Big East tournament for a "violation of team policy."
Kellogg was released on $5,000 bond following his latest arrest. He is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday on the marijuana charge and April 19 on the latest charges.
UConn coach Jim Calhoun has said he will re-evaluate Kellogg's future with the team after the end of the current school year.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC inviting athletes back to finish degrees
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China