Williams reportedly will turn pro
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. -- Illinois guard Deron Williams is expected to announce Tuesday night whether he will enter the NBA draft.
A news conference has been scheduled for 8:30 ET in Champaign, Illinois. Although he has dodged questions about his decision, Illini coach Bruce Weber has said chances are "pretty good" that his junior point guard would go pro.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that Williams would declare. It is not known if Williams has hired an agent, which would make him ineligible to return to Illinois.
Williams was named a third-team Associated Press All-American and was first-team All-Big Ten for the second consecutive season. He averaged 12.5 points per game and led the team with 264 assists.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Florida, Zona, Wichita, UVa get No. 1 seeds
- Iowa coach's son having surgery before game
- Gators, No. 1s top poll heading into tourney
- Virginia Tech fires Johnson after 9-22 season
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Illinois Fighting Illini Orange Basketball Net T-Shirt