Guard averaged 11.9 points, 5.6 rebounds
MILWAUKEE -- Rising sophomore guard Dameon Mason plans to transfer from Marquette.
"I just haven't been enjoying it as much as I wanted to or as much as I thought I would," Mason told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on Tuesday. "I don't want to be in a situation where I'm frustrated or I'm not happy all the time."
Marquette, which reached the NCAA Final Four in 2003, lost in the first round of the NIT to Western Michigan. The Golden Eagles (19-12) lost 10 of their last 15 games.
Coach Tom Crean said he was disappointed "because we feel we have given Dameon every opportunity to be successful."
Mason led the team with 333 shots and 89 turnovers. He averaged 11.9 points and 5.6 rebounds.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
- Rick Pitino: 'Passion, enthusiasm' still high
- College of Charleston's Wojcik not recruiting
- UNC hopes to set up meeting with McCants
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Stockdale Marquette Golden Eagles Team Ribbon Magnet