Just 2½ weeks after its first national title in 12 seasons, North Carolina is on the brink of a total overhaul.
A source close to the Tar Heels program confirmed for ESPN.com's Andy Katz on Thursday night that both point guard Raymond Felton and center Sean May will declare for the NBA draft and are expected to sign with agents, ending their college eligibility.
The university has confirmed that Felton, May and freshman Marvin Williams will hold a news conference at 1:30 p.m. ET Friday to make their draft intentions known.
Earlier Thursday, a separate source told ESPN.com's Pat Forde that Felton was going to declare for the draft and had been "communicating" with an agent, and that May also appeared set to enter the draft.
Felton made his decision last week but wanted to wait to announce it.
"It was difficult, but I think it's what's best for me," Felton told The Associated Press at the time. "It's something I wanted."
May's father, Scott, did not return a phone message Thursday afternoon. Earlier this week Scott May told ESPN.com that an Internet report stating Sean had already decided to go pro was news to him.
There is conflicting information regarding Williams, who could be the highest pick of the three. Williams, who considered going pro out of high school, averaged 11.3 points and 6.6 rebounds off the bench and is considered a top five pick.
If all three depart, coach Roy Williams could begin defense of his first national title without his top seven scorers from 2004-05. He's losing seniors Jawad Williams, Jackie Manuel and Melvin Scott, and junior Rashad McCants already has announced his decision to enter the draft and has signed with an agent.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.