UCLA joined by Nevada, New Mexico, Washington
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- UCLA will make its third straight appearance in the John R. Wooden Classic basketball doubleheader in December.
The Bruins will play Nevada in the second game; New Mexico will play Washington in the first game on Dec. 10 at Anaheim Arena.
UCLA is 5-3 in the event named for its former coach who won a record 10 national championships. New Mexico previously played the event in 1997, losing to the Bruins. Nevada and Washington are in the event for the first time.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Florida, Zona, Wichita, UVa get No. 1 seeds
- AAC's standing may have led to L'ville seed
- Brown, SMU snubbed by NCAA tournament
- Lawsuit challenges NCAA amateur model
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Authentic Street Signs Nevada Basketball Court Sign