Minnesota cut ties with Davis after gun found in car
MINNEAPOLIS -- A weapons charge against former University of Minnesota men's basketball recruit James Davis has been dismissed.
Davis, a 7-footer who played at Minneapolis North High School, was released from his scholarship letter of intent nearly two months ago. He's expected to attend a junior college in the fall.
Last week, a Hennepin County district judge ruled that a March police stop in which a gun was found inside a car Davis was sitting in was invalid for lack of probable cause. The charge, a gross misdemeanor, was dropped.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Gibbs beats buzzer as Seton Hall stuns Nova
- KU edges Okla. St. in OT behind Wiggins' 30
- Baylor holds on to down No. 17 Oklahoma
- Hogs' NCAA hopes take hit with SEC ouster
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Minnesota Golden Gophers Full-Sized Crossover Basketball