Douglas leaves Italy for Dynamo Moscow
ALBUQUERQUE -- Former New Mexico guard Ruben Douglas, who led the nation in scoring in the 2002-03 season, has signed for the upcoming basketball season with Dynamo Moscow in the Russian A-League.
The University of New Mexico made the announcement Tuesday.
Last season, Douglas led Climamio Bologna to the Italian league title.
Douglas, the 2003 Mountain West League Conference player of the year after posting a 28-points-per-game average, played for the New York Knicks in the Las Vegas and Minnesota summer seasons. He hit the 20-point mark twice in 10 games for the Knicks.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Gators finish on top in battle with Memphis
- Wichita State edges Alabama to reach 11-0
- Payne, Michigan State roll vs. North Florida
- Harrell, Louisville romp past Missouri State
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Men's New Mexico Lobos Cherry Basketball T-Shirt