Three from Razorbacks named to preseason SEC team
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Arkansas guards Ronnie Brewer and Jonathon Modica and forward Darian Townes have been named to the preseason All-Southeastern Conference basketball team, the SEC announced Friday.
Arkansas tied Alabama for the most selections on the team with three each.
Brewer is on the first team; Modica and Townes on the second.
Brewer is the top returning scorer (16.2) and field goal percentage leader (.475) in the SEC this year. He also led the team last year in rebounding (4.8).
Modica averaged 9.6 points and 2.8 rebounds as a junior. He became the 28th Razorback to score 1,000 career points last year.
Townes was second on the team in five categories last year scoring (10.2), rebounding (4.6), shooting (.519), free throw percentage (.698) and blocked shots (1.6).
The Razorbacks play a Red-White game Oct. 29.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- No. 7 Duke regroups to escape vs. Clemson
- Iowa State ousts Kansas in Big 12 semifinals
- Syracuse falls to NC State in ACC quarters
- Napier, UConn fend off Cincy to reach final
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Arkansas Razorbacks Cardinal Basketball Practice Performance T-Shirt