Cougars center Cowgill sidelined at least a month
PULLMAN, Wash. -- Washington State starting center Robbie Cowgill will be sidelined for at least a month after breaking his collarbone in practice.
Cowgill, a 6-foot-10, 207-pound sophomore who started 19 games at center last season, fractured his clavicle while diving for a loose ball in practice last Saturday.
It was not immediately known if Cowgill could return for the Cougars' season opener against California-Riverside Nov. 19th.
Cowgill, from Austin, Texas, averaged six points per game last season.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Ejim chosen over Wiggins as Big 12's POY
- Coastal Carolina ends 21-year NCAA drought
- Parker's career-high 30 lead Duke by UNC
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Washington State Cougars Crimson Basketball Practice Performance T-Shirt