Illini's Frazier to undergo MRI on thigh injury
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. -- Illinois (No. 11 ESPN/USA Today; No. 10 AP) is in the midst of a 10-games-in-22-days stretch, and now the Illini (8-0) might have to deal with a significant injury.
Freshman guard Chester Frazier suffered a thigh injury during a pregame practice Monday and will have an MRI exam Tuesday night.
Coach Bruce Weber said he wouldn't know the extent of the injury until after that exam. But Weber said doctors told him it could range from a bruise to a torn muscle, which could keep Frazier out of action for a while.
Frazier didn't play in the Illini's 75-49 win over Arkansas-Little Rock on Monday night. In the first seven games of the season, he's averaged 16 minutes a game off the bench.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Pauley Pavilion court flooded as main breaks
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
- UAB grants All-C-USA PG Frazier his release
- Vols PG Lopez to miss season with torn ACL
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Illinois Fighting Illini Grey Basketball Pullover Performance Hoodie