Cincinnati's Murray kicked off team for rules violation
CINCINNATI -- Junior forward Erick Murray was kicked off the Cincinnati basketball team for violating an unspecified rule, the second player the Bearcats have lost in four days.
Murray, a walk-on, was dismissed after an 84-63 victory Monday night over Arkansas-Monticello. Freshman DeAndre Coleman left the team Friday, citing lack of playing time.
The Bearcats have nine players on scholarship -- four below the NCAA limit -- while interim coach Andy Kennedy guides them through their first season since Bob Huggins was ousted as coach.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC inviting athletes back to finish degrees
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Cincinnati Bearcats #23 Black Basketball Replica Jersey