Utah to retire Bogut's No. 4 jersey in February
Bogut will be the seventh player in school history to have his jersey retired. The ceremony will take place before Utah's home game against Air Force on Feb. 18.
"Andrew was the heart and soul of last year's team," Utah coach Ray Giacoletti said. "For someone who accomplished so much in such a short period of time, I think Andrew is certainly worthy of the honor."
Bogut left the Utes after his sophomore season, when he was named AP player of the year after leading the Utes to a 29-6 record. He was taken with the first overall pick in the NBA draft by the Milwaukee Bucks.
Bogut is scheduled be at the NBA All-Star Rookie Challenge on Feb. 17 in Houston, then fly to Utah in time for Saturday night's game.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
- Creighton's Chatman set for thumb surgery
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Under Armour Men's Utah Utes Crimson Fishing Woven Short Sleeve Shirt