Wooden Classic: UCLA vs. Texas A&M; GW vs. USC
ANAHEIM, Calif. -- George Washington and Texas A&M will join UCLA and Southern California in the four-team John R. Wooden Classic college basketball doubleheader on Dec. 9.
UCLA, which lost to Florida in this year's national championship game, will play Texas A&M in the first game at Anaheim Arena. USC will take on George Washington in the second game.
Texas A&M, which lost in the second round of the NCAA Tournament, and George Washington will be making their first appearances in the Wooden Classic, which began in 1994.
UCLA will be playing for the 10th time, while USC will be back for its fourth appearance.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president: Pay-for-play isn't coming
- NCAA may work with power 5 conferences
- No. 1 Arizona runs over New Mexico State
- Former Hoya Whittington intends to transfer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's UCLA Bruins True Blue On-Court Practice T-Shirt