Kentucky's Crawford misses practice due to surgery
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Kentucky junior guard Joe Crawford missed Friday night's Big Blue Madness and will miss the team's first few practices after undergoing minor surgery, coach Tubby Smith said.
"He's still recovering, and I'm not sure when he'll be ready to go fully," Smith said. "Probably next week some time we'll know his status."
Smith would not give any details about Crawford's surgery.
Crawford started in 22 games last season, averaging 10.2 points.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president: Pay-for-play isn't coming
- NCAA may work with power 5 conferences
- No. 1 Arizona runs over New Mexico State
- Smith, Ohio State cruise to rout of Bryant
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Kentucky Wildcats Royal Replica Mesh Player Basketball Shorts