Tennessee reserve Johnson transfers to NC State
RALEIGH, N.C. -- Tennessee reserve guard Marques Johnson has transferred to North Carolina State, Wolfpack coach Sidney Lowe said Thursday.
Johnson, a freshman, has enrolled in classes and will be eligible to play for the Wolfpack at the conclusion of the fall 2007 semester.
Johnson averaged 2 points in about 11 minutes per game for Tennessee.
The depth-challenged Wolfpack (10-6, 0-3 Atlantic Coast Conference) played only six players until the final minute of their loss to Clemson (No. 14 ESPN/USA Today, No. 17 AP) earlier this week. Point guard Engin Atsur has missed 10 of 11 games with a nagging hamstring injury.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
- Creighton's Chatman set for thumb surgery
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Tennessee Volunteers Full-Size Crossover Basketball