Hairston was Ducks' No. 2 rebounder last season
There was speculation Hairston might make himself available for the NBA draft. College players with eligibility left have until April 29 to declare.
Hairston averaged 11.3 points and six rebounds a game last season.
Oregon went 29-8 this season and won the Pac-10 tournament before playing to the round of eight in the NCAA tournament.
Oregon also announced that assistant coach Scott Duncan was leaving to take a job as an assistant at UCLA. Duncan replaces Kerry Keating, who left to become the head coach at Santa Clara.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- No. 4 Duke dismisses junior guard Sulaimon
- Loving, Russell lead Ohio St. upset of Terps
- Two Southern Miss players ruled ineligible
- Big 12/SEC Challenge to be single-day event
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Oregon Ducks Green Performance Basketball Polo