Sources: Robert Morris to introduce Rice as coach
Robert Morris will name Pittsburgh assistant Mike Rice as its next men's basketball coach, multiple sources close to the situation told ESPN.com on Wednesday. A news conference is scheduled for Thursday.
Rice will replace Mark Schmidt, who left the Northeast Conference school to be the new head coach at St. Bonaventure. Robert Morris also interviewed Baylor assistant Matt Driscoll, Rhode Island assistant Kevin Clark and former Kentucky assistant Scott Rigot.
Rice spent one season as an assistant under Jamie Dixon at Pittsburgh. Before then, he was an assistant to Phil Martelli at Saint Joseph's.
The Colonials finished 17-11 overall last season and 9-9 in the NEC.
Andy Katz is a senior writer for ESPN.com.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Embiid (back) could be out until mid-NCAAs
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Delaware clinches 1st NCAA bid since 1999
- Manhattan wins MAAC, punches NCAA ticket
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Men's Pitt Panthers Gold Basketball T-Shirt