Broadus placed on probation for reckless driving
PROVO, Utah -- A basketball player whose alcohol-related arrest ended his career at Brigham Young University pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of reckless driving.
Rashaun Broadus was placed on probation for a year and ordered to pay $432. A six-month jail term was suspended. Three other charges were dropped Wednesday.
"I think it was a good resolution, given the circumstances," defense attorney Greg Stewart said.
Just 12 hours after scoring 19 points against San Diego State, Broadus was arrested Jan. 8 when a state trooper detected a "strong smell of alcohol" during a traffic stop.
A senior from Hawaii, Broadus was suspended for the season. He recently graduated from BYU.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Smart one: Iowa State fans do mass flop
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
- Harvard snags 1st spot in NCAA tourney field
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's BYU Cougars Blue Basketball Practice Performance T-Shirt