Sophomore has slight cartilage tear in left knee
Louisville rising sophomore forward Derrick Caracter has a slight cartilage tear in his left knee and will have surgery Monday to correct the problem.
Louisville sports information director Kenny Klein said Caracter should be out four to six weeks. The Cardinals don't expect Caracter's sophomore season to be interrupted because of the injury.
Caracter suffered the injury during a pickup game earlier this week.
Caracter, who was suspended at one point last season, averaged 8.1 points for the Cardinals in 18 games last season. Caracter is expected to be a major player for the Cardinals' Big East title quest next season.
Andy Katz is a senior writer at ESPN.com.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Hoosiers get $40M gift to fix up Assembly Hall
- UNC's McDonald reinstated; Hairston still out
- Randle-led Stanford upsets No. 10 UConn
- AD backs SIU coach after tirade goes viral
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Louisville Cardinals Black Point Guard Basketball Shorts