USC's Mayo, K-State's Beasley part of Jimmy V Classic field
NEW YORK -- The Jimmy V Classic will feature a matchup between Memphis and Southern California, teams that reached the NCAA tournament regional semifinals last season.
Kansas State and highly touted freshman Michael Beasley will take on Notre Dame in the first game of the men's doubleheader on Dec. 4 at Madison Square Garden. Memphis, which has reached two consecutive regional finals, will play USC and prized recruit O.J. Mayo in the nightcap.
The women's matchup is Dec. 3 in Piscataway, N.J., with host Rutgers, which lost to Tennessee in the championship game, facing 2006 champion Maryland.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC inviting athletes back to finish degrees
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Kansas State Wildcats Black 'Own the Court' Basketball T-Shirt