Man convicted of killing USC's Francis faces life sentence without parole
BATON ROUGE, La. -- A man convicted Friday of killing Southern California basketball player Ryan Francis faces an automatic life prison sentence without parole.
D'Anthony Ford, 20, was found guilty by a state district court jury of second-degree murder and aggravated battery.
Francis, an 18-year-old point guard from Baton Rouge, was shot to death on May 13, 2006, at an intersection in Baton Rouge.
Formal sentencing was set for Sept. 17.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Wilbekin, Florida hold on to topple Kansas
- UK bounces back to shut down Boise State
- Gonzaga rallies vs. WVU to win 5th straight
- Top Cats: Zona is new No. 1; Syracuse 2nd
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's USC Trojans Cardinal Basketball Performance Polo