Man convicted of killing USC's Francis faces life sentence without parole
BATON ROUGE, La. -- A man convicted Friday of killing Southern California basketball player Ryan Francis faces an automatic life prison sentence without parole.
D'Anthony Ford, 20, was found guilty by a state district court jury of second-degree murder and aggravated battery.
Francis, an 18-year-old point guard from Baton Rouge, was shot to death on May 13, 2006, at an intersection in Baton Rouge.
Formal sentencing was set for Sept. 17.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Butler's Etherington (foot) to miss 3-4 months
- NCAA president calls for 'scholarships for life'
- Rick Pitino: 'Passion, enthusiasm' still high
- College of Charleston's Wojcik not recruiting
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings USC Trojans Alley Oop Youth-Sized Basketball