Ex-Razorbacks guard Beck recovering from gunshot
MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Former Arkansas basketball star Corey Beck was listed in fair condition at a hospital Wednesday, recovering from wounds suffered during an attempted robbery.
Beck, a member of the Razorbacks' 1994 national championship team, and a friend were shot by two would-be robbers early Sunday.
Beck, 36, and Timothy Wilkins, 35, were in a car when two men with masks and a shotgun came up, police said.
Beck was shot in the hand and face but managed to drive his car to a fire station. He was taken to The Regional Medical Center in critical condition, but had been upgraded by Wednesday.
Wilkins was treated and released for wounds at Methodist University Hospital.
The would-be robbers fled.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker's career-high 30 lead Duke by UNC
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Arkansas Razorbacks Charcoal Stealth Tri-Blend T-Shirt