Ruptured Achilles tendon puts Bearcats' Williams out for season
CINCINNATI -- University of Cincinnati forward Mike Williams is out for the season after rupturing his Achilles tendon in preseason basketball workouts this week.
The 6-foot-7, 230-pound player sat out last season after transferring from the University of Texas. At Texas, Williams played in 58 games over two years, averaging 2.7 points and 3.4 rebounds.
Williams would still have two years of eligibility after sitting out this season as a medical redshirt.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Sources: Refs disciplined for improper access
- UNC's Williams 'worried sick' about probe
- Boeheim: Upcoming hearing not a distraction
- Coach K expects one-and-done rule to stay
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Jansport Men's Cincinnati Bearcats Red Tournament Basketball T-shirt