Ruptured Achilles tendon puts Bearcats' Williams out for season
CINCINNATI -- University of Cincinnati forward Mike Williams is out for the season after rupturing his Achilles tendon in preseason basketball workouts this week.
The 6-foot-7, 230-pound player sat out last season after transferring from the University of Texas. At Texas, Williams played in 58 games over two years, averaging 2.7 points and 3.4 rebounds.
Williams would still have two years of eligibility after sitting out this season as a medical redshirt.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
- Creighton's Chatman set for thumb surgery
- Big 12 chief rips NCAA, says 'cheating pays'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Cincinnati Bearcats #23 Black Replica Tournament Basketball Jersey