Arizona, Louisville, Gonzaga headline field for 2009 Maui Invitational
LAHAINA, Hawaii -- Arizona, Louisville and Gonzaga, all ranked in the current Top 25, headline the field for the 2009 EA Sports Maui Invitational.
The field for the 26th edition of the tournament that is hosted by Division II Chaminade was announced Saturday.
Arizona, which won the tournament in 2000, is the only former champion in the field.
Also scheduled to participate in 2009 are Maryland, Wisconsin, Colorado and Vanderbilt.
This year's tournament gets under way Monday with No. 10 Marquette playing Chaminade, LSU facing Oklahoma State, No. 13 Duke against Princeton and Arizona State meeting Illinois.
The 2008 field, which was announced last year, will include Alabama, Indiana, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Oregon, Saint Joseph's, Texas and Chaminade.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC inviting athletes back to finish degrees
- Ex-Baylor star Austin: NBA offered job too
- C-USA chief: 'Second 5' will still be relevant
- Source: Mudiay signs deal to play in China
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Men's Arizona Wildcats Cardinal 'Cardiac Cats' Basketball T-Shirt