Roll's MRI reveals full tear of plantar fascia in left foot
LOS ANGELES -- UCLA swingman Michael Roll underwent an MRI on his left foot on Wednesday that confirmed a full tear of the plantar fascia, according to a school release.
According to the release, Roll will be sidelined for three weeks.
Coach Ben Howland says Roll suffered the injury during practice Monday. Howland says Roll went to push off on his toe and felt a twinge.
Roll missed UCLA's first seven games because of a similar injury suffered Nov. 3. The first time he injured the foot, it was just a partial tear.
The fifth-ranked Bruins play Stanford (No. 20 ESPN/USA Today, No. 24 AP) on Thursday.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- No. 8 Michigan overcomes scare from Illinois
- No. 1 Florida turns it on late, ousts Mizzou
- Source: Barclays negotiates with A-10, ACC
- Harris scores 20 as UVa pulls away from FSU
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's UCLA Bruins Grey On-Court Long Sleeve Shooter Shirt