UMass coach Ford doesn't want to be considered for LSU job
AMHERST, Mass. -- Massachusetts coach Travis Ford doesn't want to be considered for the coaching job vacancy at LSU.
"I would like to make clear that I do not want to be considered for the head job at LSU," Ford said in a statement released Tuesday night by UMass.
"There has been a lot of misinformation circulating about me and the job at LSU. I feel that it is necessary to state that I do not want to be considered for the job."
The Minutemen went 25-11 this past season, his third at the school, and lost the NIT championship to Ohio State 92-85 last Thursday.
Ford, whose name had been among those mentioned in connection with the LSU vacancy, also said he was looking forward to coaching the Minutemen next season and had not talked with any other schools.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Sources: Refs disciplined for improper access
- UNC's Williams 'worried sick' about probe
- Boeheim: Upcoming hearing not a distraction
- Coach K expects one-and-done rule to stay
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Lsu Tigers Purple Long Sleeve Shootaround Shirt