Report: Former Mayo associate Johnson will cooperate with NCAA
Louis Johnson, who accused former USC basketball player O.J. Mayo of accepting cash and gifts on ESPN's "Outside the Lines" on Sunday, has been contacted by the NCAA, the Los Angeles Times reported.
Johnson will cooperate with the NCAA as it investigates the matter, his attorney, Jeff Silberman told the Times.
Johnson said Mayo's associate, Rodney Guillory, was given more than $250,000 in cash and gifts by Bill Duffy Associates Sports Management. A portion of the money was given to Mayo, who announced last month he was leaving USC to turn pro and his agent would be BDA vice president Calvin Andrews.
Mayo has denied accepting any cash or gifts from Guillory or BDA.
Mayo suggests Johnson is out for revenge after being banished from Mayo's inner circle.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UNC's Williams 'worried sick' about probe
- Boeheim: Upcoming hearing not a distraction
- Coach K expects one-and-done rule to stay
- Monson, Long Beach St. agree to extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
News• USC self-imposes postseason ban, forfeits wins
• Source: Mayo talks to U.S. Attorney
• Report: Floyd gave money to Mayo handler
• Johnson question by NCAA, USC, Pac-10
• Mayo hires agent who represents LeBron
• Attorney: Feds investigating funds in Mayo case
• Official probing credit card use
• Mayo arrives at pre-draft camp, pleads innocence
• Mayo cuts ties with agent
• Report: USC to say it didn't know of impropriety
• Wolves not turned off by allegations against Mayo
• Report: NBPA investigating agent dealings
• Report: Ex-Mayo associate to cooperate
• Report: Mayo's HS can keep titles
• NCAA to investigate Mayo with "new information"
• O.J. Mayo denies receiving money, gifts
Video• Watch: Mayo pre-draft workout in Chicago
• Watch: USC campus reacts to Mayo allegations
• Watch: O.J. Mayo, others react to the OTL report
• Watch: "Outside the Lines" investigation
Analysis• Katz: What's next in the Mayo investigations?
• Chad Ford: How "bad" is Mayo?
• Stephen A. Smith: What's the big deal?
• Katz: Mayo projected into the lottery
• Bilas: What can be done to help?
• Keown: Mayo demonstrates NBA rule a disaster
• Katz: Academic issue with one-and-dones
• TrueHoop: NBA buzzing about Mayo
• Ford: Mayo's draft stock shouldn't change
• Gottlieb: Cheating rewards outweigh the risks
• Vitale: Mayo mess proves one-and-done is a joke
• Forde: USC should've known better about Mayo
• Naqi: Guillory tied to Mayo, agent Bill Duffy
Audio• Myles Brand says he favors a two-year rule
• Dave Telep: Mayo isn't the only one
• Forde: USC has no excuse for not knowing
SportsNation• Chat wrap with OTL reporter Kelly Naqi
• Chat wrap with Pat Forde