Police: Akron's Brooks arrested after shooting at officers
AKRON, Ohio -- Akron basketball player Rydell Brooks was arrested early Sunday after shooting at police officers during a foot chase following a traffic stop.
Akron police said the 20-year-old Brooks ran from a car and fired several times as police officers chased him. He was being held in Summit County Jail and faces attempted murder and felonious assault charges.
Brooks player graduated from Akron Buchtel High School in 2006. He transferred from Niagara to Akron last June after averaging 4.7 points as a freshman in 2006-07.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Gibbs beats buzzer as Seton Hall stuns Nova
- KU edges Okla. St. in OT behind Wiggins' 30
- Hogs' NCAA hopes take hit with SEC ouster
- Illini bounce Indiana from Big Ten tourney
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Akron Zips Grey Groove Ultimate T-Shirt