Report: Gonzaga forward Daye has partially torn ACL
SPOKANE, Wash. -- Gonzaga forward Austin Daye didn't come out as well as he thought from a hard fall last week.
Daye went down in a tangle of bodies last Tuesday at the LeBron James Skills Academy in Akron, Ohio. At first he was thought to have injured a tendon in the hamstring of his right leg.
Instead, the Spokesman-Review of Spokane reports that an MRI has shown the 6-foot-10 sophomore from Irvine, Calif., has a partially torn anterior cruciate ligament in his knee.
Daye now expects to undergo surgery in three or four days.
Last year, in his freshman season, he averaged 10.5 points and 4.7 rebounds.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Louisville's Harrell gets 1-game suspension
- Virginia clamps down on Harvard in blowout
- Authenticity of $33K Jordan shoes questioned
- Cincy's Cronin out with unruptured aneurysm
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Gonzaga Bulldogs White Bench Pride Basketball Legend T-shirt