Martin sentenced to prison in Arkansas drug case
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Elmer Martin Jr., who played on Arkansas' 1994 NCAA championship basketball team, received a 15-year prison term after pleading guilty to drug charges.
Martin pleaded guilty Thursday to delivery of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver, possession of drug paraphernalia and misdemeanor marijuana possession, deputy prosecutor David Harris said. Harris said the delivery charges involved cocaine, and the intent to deliver charges involved cocaine and Ecstasy.
The 36-year-old Martin was sentenced to 30 years with 15 suspended.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Florida, Zona, Wichita, UVa get No. 1 seeds
- AAC's standing may have led to L'ville seed
- Brown, SMU snubbed by NCAA tournament
- Lawsuit challenges NCAA amateur model
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Arkansas Razorbacks Cardinal Basketball Practice Performance T-Shirt