Lawrence transfers to Seton Hall; he can practice but not play
SOUTH ORANGE, N.J. -- Keon Lawrence has transferred from Missouri to play basketball at Seton Hall.
Lawrence can practice with the Pirates this season, but he can't play in games until the 2009-10 season.
"Keon is an incredible recruit for us," Pirates coach Bobby Gonzalez said Tuesday. "He has a huge name in the state of New Jersey and he's coming back home to Newark. He can play the one and the two. He's a natural scorer and really an electrifying, exciting player that the fans are just going to love."
Lawrence played in all 32 games and averaged a team-high 29.2 minutes at Missouri last season. He led the Tigers in field-goal attempts and averaged 11.0 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.4 assists.
Lawrence averaged 31.2 points at Weequahic High School as a senior.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Grant, Notre Dame outduel Okafor, Duke
- OU blows out Texas Tech in record fashion
- Purdue uses stifling defense to stun Hoosiers
- Ga. Tech routs No. 23 Miami to stop skid
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Missouri Tigers Basketball Player Performance Black T-shirt