Big East gives Syracuse G Devendorf another year after injury
Devendorf, a key member of the basketball team who missed 25 of the Orange's 35 games last season with a knee injury, has been granted a hardship waiver by the Big East Conference.
The school applied on Devendorf's behalf after he suffered a torn ACL in a game last December against East Tennessee State and missed the rest of the season. Devendorf started the first 10 games of 2007-08 and averaged 17 points a game.
For the 2008-09 season, Devendorf will be classified as a senior academically and a junior in athletic eligibility.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Gators finish on top in battle with Memphis
- Wichita State edges Alabama to reach 11-0
- Payne, Michigan State roll vs. North Florida
- Harrell, Louisville romp past Missouri State
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Syracuse Orange Long Sleeve Shootaround Shirt